Advanced Materials and Process Development for Automotive Applications
- Reinforced thermoplastics for body panels and interior trim
- Conductive sheet molding compounds
- Thermoset resins with superior thermal properties for under the hood components
- Vibration damping elastomers for automobile tires, hoses, and belts
- Advanced anode materials for lithium ion batteries for hybrid or all-electric vehicles
Helping Automotive Suppliers Develop The Materials They Need
Over the past several years ASI has been working closely with customers at all levels of the automotive supply chain to develop the next generation of advanced materials for automotive applications. Two areas of activities for the use of the carbon nanofiber are as a mechanical reinforcement and conductivity additive for polymer composite and in lithium ion batteries. The addition of carbon nanofiber to polymers enables the production of composites with superior mechanical properties, electrical conductivity, and thermal properties including lower CTE, reduced creep, higher thermal conductivity, and improved thermal stability. An additional benefit is that nanofiber reinforced composited are recyclable.
Pyrograf Products, Inc. is ISO 9001:2008 certified.